2023-24 AOA Basketball Division Meeting Dates & Schedule
All meetings will begin at 7:30 PM at York High School except for Week 6, which will be held at Shoeless Joe’s Ale House and Grille at 1480 W. Lake Street, in Addison
- Week 1 – Oct. 5: Tim Loughnane will discuss new business, introduce all of the Hall of Fame members and introduce new members. Jeff Rutledge will provide a new rules presentation and points of emphasis. There also will be AOA Camp testimonials from individuals who attended the camp.
- Week 2 – Oct. 12: Dave Romano will have a presentation about free throws and in-bounds. Eddie Burns will have a presentation about professionalism and NFHS rule No. 2
- Week 3 – Oct. 19: Sal Vasta will discussion Arbiter, camps and the IHSA Website. John Marino will provide a mechanics presentation.
- Week 4 – Oct 26: Former referee and AOA President Joe Spagnolo returns to present his observations after spending last season as an assistant coach at Hinsdale Central. He will provide his perspective with video support.
- Week 5 – Nov. 2: Tim Loughnane will provide a presentation about traveling, identifying the pivot foot, and closely guarded situations. Don Williams will provide content about the different types of fouls we experience throughout games.
- Week 6 – Nov. 9: Part 1 IHSA Test Review at Shoeless Joe’s Ale House and recognition of Rich Parson for his recent introduction into the AOA’s Basketball Hall of Fame.